Situated on a 1350 m2 plot of land, the cottage is an old barn which has kept its volume, its two levels, and its openings. Only a large bay has been created in the frontage, to bathe the living room-kitchen of this beautiful lotoise light.
The renovation was carried out by an architect and qualified local craftsmen, and with beautiful materials: this beautiful blue stone so characteristic of Thégra, wood (original beams left visible, parquet floor on the first floor), flat local and recuperated tiles, metal for the staircase with central stringer and the railings.
For the decoration, nature has entered the cottage : by the choice of paint colours (the blue of the Lot sky, the green of the spring vegetation, the ochre of the earth), by the paintings and photos of birds, butterflies and flowers on the walls, and by the walnut stumps used as bedside tables and sofa ends.
The marriage of vintage and Scandinavian styles gives an atmosphere full of charm and softness. And for your comfort, I have made double curtains, cushion covers, bed runners, whose fabrics have been selected for their material and their pattern in harmony with the decoration of each room.
The cottage can accommodate 4 people, and is ideal for a family with children, or two couples.
You will be totally independent, just like at home.
The ground floor offers a large living room (30 m2), bathed by morning light, where it is good to cook, sit at the table, and stroll.
A large bedroom with a 160cm bed opens up to the south and has a bathroom with an Italian shower room. Beams finished in whitewash, and exposed stones bring a lot of charm.
Independent WC, as well as a cellar organized for the maintenance of the lodging, the linen, and the selective sorting.
- Kitchen : 3 induction hobs, oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric coffee machine, toaster, cookware, pressure cooker, kettle. Special compost bin.
- Living room : walnut table, 4 chairs, walnut sideboard, lounge + 2 rattan armchairs, coffee table, carpet, DVD/radio player
- Bedroom : bed 160 x 200, 2 rattan armchairs, dressing room with private Italian shower, towel dryer, hair dryer
- Cellar : washing machine, selective sorting bins, ironing board, iron, dryer, cleaning products.
The access to the first floor is via a beautiful staircase with a central metal stringer and wooden steps.
The mezzanine has a sitting area where you can relax while watching TV or prepare your visits or hikes by consulting the books and documentation available. The little ones will find a space dedicated to them to read, draw and learn while having fun.
The second room, in a very natural atmosphere (exposed stones, walnut stumps as bedside tables), is equipped with two 90cm beds and a bathroom with Italian shower and private toilet. The light wood floor (poplar) contributes to the feeling of well-being in these two rooms, and is enhanced by the colours of the furniture and fabrics chosen for the decoration.
- Bedroom : 2 beds 90x190 (possibility of moving them closer together), 2 rattan armchairs, antique wardrobe with hanging space, private Italian shower room with towel dryer and WC
- Living room with sofa and cushions, 2 armchairs, coffee table, carpet, TV (with Orange decoder).
- Children's area with small table and chair, "discovery" suitcase, books, games, etc...
The outdoor space, planted with walnut trees of different varieties, is partially enclosed by low dry stone walls in the great tradition of the Lot causses. A garden area of 400 m2 is reserved for you, well equipped to take a break and enjoy the beautiful sunny days: a shaded terrace with table and chairs, deckchairs for adults and children, barbecue, parasol, etc...
The steep slope, without any access, is left as natural grassland, to encourage bio-diversity. Birds and squirrels have taken up residence here. You can observe them by granting peace and quiet.
- You can park your car in the hamlet, as close as possible to the house. To ensure the tranquillity of the herd dogs and sheeps in the surrounding fields, pets (dogs, cats, etc...) are not allowed.
- To ensure the tranquillity of the herd dogs and sheeps in the surrounding fields, pets (dogs, cats, etc...) are not allowed.
- The house is non-smoking and non-vaping.
- To limit the amount of luggage, to facilitate your installation and to reduce the maintenance when you return home, the beds can be ready on arrival and the household linen at your disposal. See the Rates/Reservations tab for linen hire.